Friday, December 28, 2012

Harry Doctor Potter Who

I had been asking my sister if I could do her nails ever since we got to Tennessee. She's not necessarily the girliest girl out there so she wasn't all that keen on having her nails painted. I offered to paint some designs on her bare nails and she agreed. I asked if she wanted Harry Potter themed nails. (She has always been a die hard HP fan. I've only recently started watching the films.) She said she wanted one hand to be Harry Potter and the other to be Doctor Who. (The Doctor is our newest obsession.)

We started with the Potter hand. It took us a while to decide on what to do. We wanted something simple so we settled on this...
The Harry Potter logo on the thumb and the first initial of each of the four houses; Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. The colors I used are (from thumb to pinky) Wet n Wild Black Creme, Sally Hansen Rapid Red, Sally Hansen Co-Bolt Blue, OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow, and Black Creme again. Then, we topped it all off with a coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy. She was very happy with it. I love it, too. 

On to the other hand...
I heart heart this hand! (Doctor Who fans will get it.) I used all of the same colors on this hand except for the OPI. For the Union Jack, I painted the nail with the Co-Bolt Blue, then used white acrylic paint and when that dried, painted on the red stripes using Rapid red. Again, we finished with Matte Me Crazy.

We are both so happy with the way these turned out. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment