Monday, September 1, 2014

31DC2014 Day 1: Red

Aaaannnd we're off!

It's finally here! The 31 day challenge has arrived! I'm ready for it, too. I've been brainstorming ideas for over a week and getting myself mentally prepared. The only thing that could possibly get in my way now is feeling too tired/lazy to do my nails. I'm not letting that happen, though.

The challenge prompt for day one is red. The prompts for colors are always the hardest for me just because there are a near infinite amount of things you can do with a prompt that vague. So, my plan of attack is this; pull out every polish in the color (red, in this case) and pick a few that I like together. Narrowing down the colors makes it easier to decide what, exactly, I want to do! For today, I went with a patchwork mani!




I used three reds for this design; Julep Myrtle, Picture Polish Voodoo, and Essie Wicked. I laid down a base of Myrtle first and, once that was dry, I taped sections off with striping tape for the other two colors.

I'm very happy with design #1. Hopefully, the rest of the challenge goes just as well.

Don't forget, if you are participating in the challenge, to tag your photos with #31DC2014 on Instagram, Tumblr, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment