Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nubby nails :/

While my nails have grown out about halfway since removing my artificial nails, they are still extremely weak at the tips. Between yesterday and today, I've had at least 5 breaks! I had to cut them down and now they are all nubs again. Ugh! Oh well. I think they're just 2 or 3 more weeks from being completely healthy again. Then, I can grow them out long and strong.

On another note, I ordered some striping tape and it came in the mail yesterday. So, of course, I had to use it today.


Aaah! I love it! I started with base coats of (from pinky to thumb) OPI That's Berry Daring, OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Purple With a Purpose, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, and Sally Hansen Snappy Sorbet. I let them dry completely and used my striping tape to create abstract patters and then used Wet n Wild Black Creme. I used tweezers to remove the striping tape. Before I used a top coat, I let the black polish dry for a few minutes just to be sure I didn't get any streaks. 

I'm ridiculously happy with this manicure. I have a feeling that I will be finding a ton of uses for this striping tape. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment