Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine's Day water marble

I was talking to my sister-in-law yesterday and mentioned that I didn't know what I wanted to do with my nails. She suggested hearts. I thought that was a great idea, with Valentine's Day being right around the corner. So, I figured a pink water marble with a few hearts would be cute. I started and things went horribly wrong. I might be exaggerating a bit but they definitely could have gone better. I just kept going, though, and figured I could use the hearts and a few polka dots to cover some of the ugly parts.



I started with a base of Maybelline Born With It. The colors I marbled are Essie Wicked, OPI Alpine Snow, Wet n Wild Lavender Creme, and Wet n Wild Candy-licious.

They aren't terrible but they are far far FAR from perfect. I don't get it. My first water marble, around Christmas, came out great. Yet, the last few times I've tried, it's been a frustrating mess. Oh well. They'll do for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment