Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mixed Patterns

I did Trisha's nails for her last night. She had an idea of what she wanted but she wasn't 100%. She wanted something plaid-like. We played around with some color combinations and then I suggested adding in some polka dots. She loved the idea.

The base is OPI Alpine Snow. For the dots, we used OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. The plaid is Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous again, alongside OPI Moonraker and Sally Hansen Snappy Sorbet.

I loved the idea of the mixed patterns so I did the same. I went with a monochrome look, though, and more patterns.

I used Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, as well, but I paired it with Zoya Kelly. From pinky to thumb I did polka dots, rays, checkers, gradient, and horizontal stripes. I'm super happy with this manicure. From afar, it's subtle. There's a lot of sparkle, though, and that's just how I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment