Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Post #8 - Water Marble

It's been a long time since I've done a water marbled manicure. I don't know why because I love doing them. I always get frustrated and angry but, when it's done, I always love it. 

I've also recently rediscovered my love for a matte finish manicure. It's amazing how much a matte top coat can change a nail color. But throw a matte top coat over some glitter and you can make amazing things happen.


When I water marble, I start with a light colored base coat. This time, I used Sally Hansen White On. The marbling itself is done in Sally Hansen White On, OPI Live and Let Die (green), and Julep Claudette (red). I was in a glittery mood so I topped it with China Glaze Fairy Dust and my un-named green Snowman Nail glitter. Lastly, I threw on some Julep Matte Top Coat. The mattification just makes the glitter seem to glow! It's gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment