Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Post #5 - Presents

I am very fifty-fifty on this manicure. I was really happy with it at first. I had a very specific idea in mind and it did not go where I wanted. Still...


The base colors are OPI Danke-shiny Red and Ulta Envy. The glitters are two Snowman Nail polishes that I found for about a dollar each. Neither of them are named. The one I used on my red nails has three sizes of green glitter in a clear base. It's pretty awesome. Very even glitter distribution. The one I used on my green nails has gold hex glitters in a clear base. The glitters curl a bit, which I thought would be a problem. But a nice thick coat of Seche Vite took care of any uneven texture and the curls in the glitter actually added a nice effect. I topped everything with Julep Matte Top Coat.

Lastly, I added "ribbon" with a striping brush in Butter London The Full Monty to make them look like presents. That's the point at which I started disliking these nails. I don't like the color I chose and I was in a hurry so they're a bit sloppy. Oh well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment