Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pond Spots

I kept seeing a "pond hearts" design on Pinterest and I wanted to recreate it but, for some reason, I never did. Well, a few days ago, I gave it a shot. Then, I forgot to take photos and ruined my nails before I could. So, I did it again! I used this tutorial from Adventures In Acetone and gave it my own twist.



I used polka dots instead because, well, because I LOVE POLKA DOTS! The colors I used are Wet N Wild Hanna Pinktana and Sally Hansen White Out. I love the holographic sparkle in HP. It's lovely!

The thing I love most about this design, is the simplicity; I only used two polishes! As long as one is a sheer jelly polish, you're set! What I loathe about this design is the amount of time it takes! I am not a patient woman. There is so much layering and, to avoid streaks, you have to wait between layers for the polish to dry. I thought about using Seche Vite to speed up the drying time for each layer but then I would have had, like, 20 layers! No way. I made sure I had plenty of time to kill and waited. Which means lots of Netflix, haha!

All-in-all, I love this. The effect is SO COOL and I got a ton of compliments. As much as I hate how long it takes, I may do this again. It's definitely one of my favorite new looks. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment