Monday, September 12, 2016

31DC2016 Day 12 - Stripes

My initial idea for today's prompt was to go pinstripe crazy with striping tape on all of my nails. Then I decided that I didn't have that kind of time today so I took a simpler approach. I still used striping tape, though, because I can't paint a straight line to save my life.




I started with a black base on my ring, middle, and index fingers. I used Sally Hansen Wet n Wild Black Creme. I used striping tape on those nails, once dry, to create two stripes; straight down the middle finger and diagonally toward the middle finger on the ring and index fingers. Over the striping tape, I used ILNP Birefringence and immediately removed the striping tape. On my pinky and thumb, I sponged on ILNP Supernova. 

I have a lot of difficulty capturing the color shifts of these polishes on camera with my usual photo setup. They tend to show better in indirect lighting. I did find, however, that my laundry room seems to have the best lighting for my multichrome polishes in my house. 





No comments:

Post a Comment