Monday, September 26, 2016

31DC2016 Day 26 - Inspired by a Pattern

When I was trying to decide on a pattern to recreate, I started out looking through Google images for a pattern I liked (as I usually do). But nothing was really catching my eye. So what I decided to do was recreate a type of pattern on my nails that I've never done before. I went back and forth between a herringbone pattern and a houndstooth. I settled on herringbone because I thought it would be easier. HA! Joke's on me!




First of all, what I used. The base color is Sally Hansen Slick Slate. The stripes are all done in Sally Hansen Stilettos & Studs. 

I figured that herringbone would be easy because I could use striping tape instead of trying to freehand straight lines and since I cut my nails down quite a bit today, it wouldn't be so bad. WRONG! I forgot just how thin my striping tape is and my nails are still pretty long. I used an obscene amount of striping tape, you guys. Obscene.

No comments:

Post a Comment