Saturday, September 28, 2013

31DC2013 Days 27 & 28 - Inspired by art and Inspired by a flag

Today I find myself a day behind in the challenge again. Fridays are just too busy. But this double post will catch me right up.

First, day 27 : Inspired by art

For this prompt, I chose an Andy Warhol painting as my inspiration; Knives.



I used Sally Hansen Black Out as the base. I painted the knife blades in white acrylic paint first and then went over them in Wet n Wild Lavender Creme. I'm not at all thrilled with this design but what's done is done.

Now, Day 28: Inspired by a flag. Being German, I thought it appropriate to do a German flag design.

I started with Butter London The Full Monty as the base color. I used a nail art brush to add the other colors: OPI Danke-shiny Red (perfect, right?) and Ulta Little Black Dress. I am definitely happier with this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment