Sunday, September 22, 2013

31DC2013 Day 22 - Inspired by a song


I knew going into this challenge that when I got to this prompt, I was going to have my husband pick the song. I don't really know why but I knew that he would be able to name something good right off the top of his head. I was right. With less than 30 seconds thought, he said, "I got one but you're really gonna have to pull something out of your hat for it." He chose She's a Beauty by The Tubes. It's his favorite 80s song. I, too, love the song but I had no idea what I should do! After I listened to the song, I decided to take my inspirations directly from the music video.


 For those of you who've never seen the video, or heard the song for that matter, here you go!
 

On my thumb I wrote "Ride the Beauty" which is painted on the background in the opening sequence of the video. My index finger is inspired by the mermaid they see during the ride, my middle finger is the barbershop quartet-style jacket that the lead singer wears, and my ring finger is the mask worn by "the beauty." The design on my pinky is the album art!

These are some of the polishes I used:
  • Sally Hansen White On
  • Sally Hansen Black Out
  • Art Club Red
  • Butter London Trustafarian
  • Pure Ice Saddle Me Up
  • Sally Hansen Silver Sweep
 

No comments:

Post a Comment