Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31DC2013 Day 3 - Yellow Nails

The challenge prompt for today is yellow nails. Now, I am not the biggest fan of yellow on myself. I just don't have the skin tone for it. There's something about yellow nails, though. They're just so fun and lively! I wanted to stay simple with this manicure but still have some fun.


All I used for this was Julep Charlie, a few metal studs, some funky yellow flocking powder and a little bit of school glue. The glue was for the flocking powder nails. I found that the powder sticks to the glue better than nail polish. Whenever I've done flocking powder nails in the past, I've ended up with bald spots. So, what I did this time was paint my nails with my base color (Julep Charlie) and then a coat of glue. Using tweezers, I grabbed the flocking powder and stuck it to the glue. Once I had an even coating, I pressed it gently with my finger. I let it dry for a few minutes and used a soft-bristled paintbrush to brush off the excess.

Doesn't this just look fantastic?

No comments:

Post a Comment