Monday, August 12, 2013

Sugar Spun

One nail art technique that I've always been interested in is sugar spun nails. Every time I came across a picture of them, I would want to do them but, when it came time, I never followed through. I'm guessing it had something to do with the cleanup afterwards. Regardless, today I decided to give it a shot.


 
The base color is Butter London Trout Pout. I mattified it using China Glaze Matte Magic. For the sugar spun design, I used Sally Hansen White On. To add more texture and just a hint of sparkle, I mixed some white glitter with the polish before stringing it onto my nails.

Now, this was definitely a trial by error manicure. I did my ring finger first and had a bit of trouble because I let the polish thicken too much. Next, I did my middle and index fingers which were still a bit too thick but slightly more manageable. My pinky and thumb turned out the best. It took me a bit to get a strategy down but once I did, it was a piece of cake. Cleanup, as I thought it would be, was a son of a bleep. The finished product, though, I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment