Saturday, February 22, 2014

Magic: The Gathering Nails

A few weeks ago, I had a coworker request that I do a nail art design based on Magic: The Gathering. Now, I know next to nothing about Magic. And what I do know, I only know because hubby used to play it. All I know is that is a fantasy style trading card game. That's it. 

When I was asked to create this design, I was asked to use the five "elements" as inspiration. I did a tiny bit of research and found out that the spells in Magic are classified into five colors. White (which, oddly, is usually represented in yellow), blue, red, black, and green. Each color represents different things and has a sort of symbol. I used those symbols for my design.



This was a lot of fun and pretty easy to do. I only used 7 polishes for this. 
The base colors (from pinky to thumb) are Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, Zoya Kelly, Julep Blake, Julep Myrtle, and NYC High Line Green. 
I used a nail art brush and Sally Hansen Black Out to create the symbols (again, pinky to thumb); a drop of water, a skull, a sun, a flame, and a tree. I topped everything with China Glaze Fairy Dust for some sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment