Sunday, September 13, 2015

31DC2015 Day 13 - Animal Print

I wanted to stay away from the obvious animal prints we all think of instantly: leopard, zebra, etc. I searched for exotic animals and interesting coats/skins. I spent quite some time searching when it dawned on me; where do you find some of the most colorful, most unique looking animals? The ocean! So I searched for aquatic creatures and within minutes I found one I HAD to recreate for today's prompt.


This is a close up of a Map Puffer Fish. Their patterns can vary a bit in color but this was my favorite. It's got a 70s vibe to it, I think. Anyway, I just thought this would be the coolest nail art so I jumped right in.


This design took a little while to accomplish but was really quite easy. You can't tell in the photo but the base is actually a VERY subtle gradient of Sally Hansen Black Heart and Julep Olivia. I used a dotting tool to create the...lines?...stripes?...squiggles?...in Sally Hansen Hard to Get. Then, I used a fine striping brush to outline the squiggles in Wet n Wild D'oh! and that's it! 

I love the way this turned out. It's very eye-catching and hubby was pretty impressed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment