Saturday, September 19, 2015

31DC2015 Day 18 - Half Moons

I had a bad couple of nail days. Five total breaks, three of which were on my photographing hand. To fix it without losing a ton of length, I changed the shape up instead of cutting them down.

Anyway, for the half moon prompt I was going to do something with negative space. Then I realized that I did just that for the red nails prompt on day 1. So instead, I went with a simple gradient half moon.




The green is Salon Perfect Dirty Martini. I used hole reinforcers to tape off the half moon shape and then sponged on Nicole by OPI Sing You Like a Bee. Sponging it on left a lot of texture but I wanted a smooth finish. I hoped top coat would smooth it out but it didn't do so completely. I still like it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment