Sunday, March 3, 2013

Catching up

I know, I know, it's been way too long since my last post. I'm making up for it today, though. I have eight manicures to share with you. So this is going to be a long and picture heavy post. Let's do this.


For this, I used Sally Hansen Blue Me Away on every nail except my ring finger. For those, I used Kiss Nail Dress strips in Gown. I love these. They are super easy to apply. Just cut them to fit your nail, stick them on, and file off the excess. I was surprised at how well these stayed on. When I wanted to remove them, they peeled right off with no residue. 

This is Wet n Wild Pink-finity. With different sized dotting tools, I used Wet n Wild Black Creme, OPI Alpine Snow, and Sally Hansen Celeb City.


For this, I started with OPI Planks a Lot. I taped off stripes with striping tape and then used Cult Nails Time Traveler.


I wanted to try the "glue trick" for glitter nail polish. I painted a coat of glue on my ring finger and, while that dried, I did the rest of my nails. My pinky is OPI A Roll in the Hague. Middle finger is a gradient of ARitH and OPI That's Berry Daring. I used TBD on my index finger. On my thumb, I started with Sally Hansen Celeb City. I taped off different sized stripes using scotch tape and striping tape. For the stripes, I used both ARitH and TBD. Lastly, I used three coats of OPI Rainbow Connection. I love the way this turned out. Also, the "glue trick" works like a charm. When I was done wearing this manicure, the glitter peeled off without leaving a trace. Amazing.

This is OPI It's My Year with stamping done in Sally Hansen Silver Sweep. Sorry, I don't remember which Bundle Monster plate I used. I topped it all off with NYC Matte Me Crazy.

These are Heather's nails. She wanted a Union Jack accent nail. We started with a base of Cult Nails Time Traveler. On her ring fingers, I used Art Deco nail art polish in white and OPI Danke-shiny Red.

This is a cling wrap manicure I did using two Love & Beauty polishes. I borrowed them from Heather and she's had them so long that the names have worn off of the labels. I started with the blue color. It's a pretty blue with a gold shimmer. I let that dry and used the purple, I think It's called Dark Purple. I used cling wrap to get the marbled effect. I posted the picture of the polishes I used since I don't know the names.

I've finally gotten my water spotting technique down! I started with a gradient using OPI A Roll in the Hague and Funky Fingers Power Play. For the water Spotting, I used NYC French White Tip. 

Well, that's it! Phew! I hope you enjoyed this epic post. See you soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment