Wednesday, September 24, 2014

31dc2014 Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

For today's prompt, I chose to do nail art based on my favorite book of all time; Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Call it a children's book, if you want (it technically is), but I love it. I can't tell you how many time's I've read it. The only reason I haven't done Alice nail art before (other than my fuzzy Cheshire cat stripes) it seems a bit overdone. I see Alice nails EVERYWHERE. It seems a crime, though, not to use my favorite book as inspiration for the 31 day challenge.




Most people are familiar with the book or the movie so the themes are pretty recognizable. Just in case, though, we've got Cheshire's grin on my thumb, Alice's dress/smock on my index finger, the white rabbit's watch on my middle finger, the "drink me" label from the bottle Alice drank from on my ring finger, and the Queen of Hearts' crest on my pinky.

I only used six polishes for this entire design; Sally Hansen Black Out, White On, Blue Me Away, and Silver Sweep, Wet n Wild I Red a Good Book, and Butter London The Full Monty.

This was so much fun and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment