Sunday, July 7, 2013

Lisa Frank!?

I've been a bad bad blogger. I've been on vacation (tomorrow is my first day back to work) and blogging has been kinda put on the back-burner. I've been doing nail stuff, I just haven't been posting it. Sorry.

Friday, Hubby and I went to the Zoo! It was so much fun and the weather was almost perfect; just a little humid. Before we went, I wanted to do a zoo themed manicure. I bought a t-shirt just for the trip that inspired me. It's a zebra wearing shades with neon rainbow hair. (I meant to take a picture of the shirt, but totally forgot.) Here's the manicure that it inspired!

 I used a base of NYC French White Tip on all nails to make the neons pop. From thumb to pinky I used Funky Fingers Atomic Poppy, Art Club Neon Green, Funky Fingers Riot, Funky Fingers Highlighter, and Funky Fingers Aloha. Believe me, these colors are WAY brighter in person and obnoxious in direct sunlight. The stamping is all done in Art Club Black. The snake print (which is absurdly crooked) is from BM-215, the alligator print is from BM-224, the cow print is from BM-222, the leopard print is from BM-221, and the zebra print is from BM-223.

The neons with animal print reminded me so much of the Lisa Frank school supplies that all of us girls loved so much when I was in elementary/middle school! All it needed was some sparkle, so I loaded it up. I used a coat of Nubar 2010 and then China Glaze Fairy Dust. Both of these glitters are fairly subtle until you take them into natural lighting, so they were perfect for the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment