Saturday, February 25, 2017

Bright Colorful Stripes

The nail art fable: 

I was in the mood for some stripey nails to match the nice weather we've been having lately. I grabbed some nail vinyls and got to work. One nail went perfectly, and then things started going downhill. I was determined to make it work so I kept going. Things just got worse and worse and I started to get impatient. I really loved the color combination so I didn't give up. In the end, I patched things up and came out with something somewhat decent to share.

The moral of the story: Sometimes it's easier to start over, but I'm lazy.


Aside from all of the problems I had, this was an easy design. All I used were four polishes and some straight nail vinyls. The white is Julep Brigitte, the coral is Essie Sunset Sneaks, the green is Essie Vibrant Vibes, and the glittery purple is Picture Polish Gala.

I love the way that these colors look together. You'll notice that some stripes are crooked and some lines are very jagged. That would be the laziness and frustration kicking in. If you squint, though, maybe you won't notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment