Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Post #9 - Matte & Glitter

 I've been loving the combination of glitter and matte top coats these days so I wanted to do a Christmas design based on that. I picked my favorite Christmas-y polishes and went to town!


Also, I'm playing around with hand posing and photography a bit. So, for the next week or so, my photos might be all over the place. Sorry!


(Please ignore the unsightly cut on my middle finger. I had a run-in with a cardboard box.)
I started with OPI Danke-shiny Red on all nails. On my thumb and ring finger I did two coats of Sinful Colors Holiday Rebel. The gradient on my pinky and middle fingers is Danke-shiny Red and Sally Hansen Silver Sweep and is topped with my un-named green Snowman Nails glitter. I used that same glitter on my index finger. I topped everything with Julep Matte Top Coat and attached two large Christmas tree glitters so my index finger.


The finished product is super sparkly and fun and just slightly muted by the matte top coat. Being mattified, though, somehow makes the glitter seem to glow. It also makes Danke-shiny Red look almost like velvet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment