Friday, March 13, 2015

I'm Back! : Stripes and Polka Dots

It's been a full month since my last blog post and I feel terrible. There have been good reasons, though. With the negative double-digit temperatures we had for a while, my hands (and nails) were just so unbelievably dry! No matter what I did, I could not keep up with the brittleness of my nails. So, of course, my nails started to break... and break, and break, and break some more. Then, we bought some new furniture and, between putting together the new furniture and moving furniture around, my nails broke some more. Then, my nails just needed lots of recovery (and growth) time. It's warmed up and I've been moisturizing like crazy and giving my nails LOTS of tlc.

Today's design is something simple using a color from OPI's new Hawaii line of colors. I got a few of them for my birthday and I LOVE them!




So, this is OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked with some stripes and polka dots done in Sally Hansen Vigorous Violet. This reminds me a little bit of Easter Eggs, but I love the Spring-y-ness of them! The stripes were made using striping tape and the polka dots just with a dotting tool.

Is Mai Tai Crooked is probably my favorite color from the Hawaii collection. I love orange and that includes anything in the peachy range. Plus, the formula is just wonderful. It is a stainer, though, even with a base coat. However, the staining was mild and easy to get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment