Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bright and Shredded

It's been a few days since the 31 day challenge ended and I've been both mourning it's ending and giving my nails a break. But today it's back to the nail art grindstone. 

Hubby recently got me a fancy new hobby knife and I wanted to use it for some nail art. So I grabbed my knife, some scotch tape, and, of course, my nail polish!



I started with Sally Hansen Sun Sheen. It's a satin finish, bright orange polish with gold and pink shimmer. It looks amazing top coated. I wanted to bring out the shimmer so I used Sally Hansen Twisted Pink and did a shredded mani with it. Both colors are a smidge darker IRL but my camera started freaking out.

To create the shredded look, I used my hobby knife to cut the edge of some scotch tape to make it jagged. I used the tape to section off part of my nails and paint that section with Twisted Pink. While it was still wet, I removed the tape and top coated. 









No comments:

Post a Comment