Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sparkly Texture

While I was grocery shopping the other day, I came across a display rack for L'oreal Paris Color Riche Gold Dust. Well, I'm a sucker for textured nail polish. ESPECIALLY glittery textured nail polish. And these gold dust nail polishes are so so so sparkly. I was torn between two colors and asked hubby to pick one for me. (He picks out a lot of my nail polishes for me.) He couldn't decide, either, so he told me to get both! Well, I've only tried one, so far, and I am IN LOVE!




This is Hidden Gems. In the bottle, this polish has a strong teal-to-purple shift but it's not nearly as strong on the nail and was impossible to catch on camera. I still LOVE THIS! It's a beautiful dark teal in a blackened base with big flecks of silver glitter. The texture is amazing. It did take three thin coats to get an even finish but I didn't mind. 

You'll notice that there's a little bit of wear on the tips. This photo was taken after two days and not a chip in sight. That impresses me because, as this is a matte-finish textured polish, you wear it without a top coat. Also, I am very rough on my nails (I don't mean to be.) and my nail polish doesn't usually last much longer than a day.

If the other colors are as amazing as this one, I may have to get a hold of the entire line...

1 comment: