Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Girls' Nails

Friday night was movies and manicures night so, as tradition dictates, I did the girls' nails. Trisha had a pretty clear idea of what she wanted. Today, she is taking part in a walk-a-thon to help stop world hunger. She wanted something stop sign related and something like footprints in the dirt. Easy! 
 
The thumb is Wet n Wild I Red a Good Book and I used Art Club White to make the stop sign. Durring this process, I realized how awful I am at drawing octagons, haha! The rest of her nails are Julep Jill. I used Sally Hansen Black Out for the footprints and the post on the stop sign. The footprints are done with a dotting tool. 

For Heather, we played around with several different ideas. At one point she said, "Ha ha, that kinda looks like tie-dye." I instantly knew what I wanted to do. A tie-dye needle marble! We used ORLY Fancy Fuchsia, Sinful Colors Endless Blue, and Sinful Colors Innocent.

Yesterday, I went to my mother-in-law's house to do her nails. As purple is her favorite color, I am almost completely restricted to purple manicures for her. I don't mind though. Purple is gorgeous and it looks fantastic on her. Plus, it makes her happy. I did a simple glitter gradient with her. The base is OPI Planks a lot and I sponged on Sally Hansen Bejeweled from the Gem Crush line. Let me just say, if you are a hard core fan of glitter, this line is for you. These aren't glitter toppers. They are full-coverage glitters. The colors are lovely and the mixtures of glitters are beautiful. I do suggest, however, using the glue trick if you plan on wearing these because removal is a bit of a nightmare.








No comments:

Post a Comment