Saturday, February 2, 2013

So many manicures!

The girls came over again, for Disney movie night, so it was manicure time! I did Trisha's nails first. She really wanted to try a fan brush manicure and I was more than happy to oblige.

We started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow. Then, with a fan brush, we striped on Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, Sally Hansen Fuschia Power, and just a bit of Sally Hansen Celeb City for some glitz. She's super happy with the results. I aim to please. :)

For Heather's nails, we decided it was finally time to do a Doctor Who manicure. (She is the reason for my DW obsession.) I thought it would be fun to start with a galaxy manicure and then add a little DW nail art over top.

The galaxy manicure turned out fantastic! We started with Wet n Wild Black Creme. Then, we sponged on SO MANY COLORS! I honestly don't even remember how many colors, or which ones, we used. I should have written it down, ha ha! We used some blues, purples, greens, silvers, white, and more black. Then, we splattered on white acrylic paint for the stars. My "TARDIS" colored blue isn't nearly opaque enough to use over a dark background so I used blue acrylic paint. You'll have to excuse my preschool drawing on her ring finger. It's a TARDIS. I ran into some problems. Ha ha! She loves it, though. On her thumb, the Doctor Who logo. 

One of the movies we watched was Cinderella. So, I thought it would be fun to do a Cinderella inspired manicure on myself. I wanted something light and very girly.

I went with Covergirl Pink-finity. Then, on every nail, other than my thumb, I used two coats of Nubar 2010. On my ring finger, I stamped a crown from my Bundle monster plates. It came from BM-215. On my thumb, I stamped an all-over design from BM-213. Shoes!

For the stamping, I used Sally Hansen Celeb City because I'm obsessed and because the foil bits totally look like glass slippers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment